Saturday Afternoon Racing and Fun Events
Saturday afternoon events held at Bursledon Pool all starting and finishing at the Jolly Sailor pontoon.
Racing program start at about 14:30. No entry forms required, just turn up on the start line and listen to instructions.
All children under the age of 14 must wear a life jacket or buoyancy aid when participating in any water events or races (save for swimming races). Your child will not be able to enter or participate in water events and races without a life jacket or buoyancy aid.
The traditional Boatyard Sheave Race starts at about 14.00. Three/Four handed rowing race for Bursledon gigs only. Pre-race briefing will be at 13.00.
- Canoe Race (single/double)
- Rowing, single handed Inflatable (open to anyone in an inflatable dinghy)
- Rowing, Men’s single handed (any rigid dinghy 12’ 6” or under)
- Inflatable Dinghy (not rigid hull) two handed race (side by side, both rowing)
- Rowing, Ladies single handed (any dinghy 12’ 6” or under)
- Rowing, Ladies & Men’s two handed (any rigid dinghy 12’ 6” or under – No Egrets)
- Rowing, Junior 13 and under (any rigid dinghy 12’ 0” or under)
- Paddle Board Race (Long Distance)
- Paddle Board Race (Short Sprint)
- Sculling over the stern The Don Smy Trophy (open race for any dinghy 12’ 6” or under
- Ladies Swimming
- Men Swimming
- Boys under 16 Swimming
- Girls under 16 Swimming
- Boys under 12 Swimming
- Girls under 12 Swimming
Water Carnival – Floats with a Space theme – cash prizes of £15, £10 & £5 for 1st, 2nd & 3rd best Floats
- Hamble Fisherman’s race (Single handed Race Bursledon Gigs, rowers standing facing forward)
- Rowing, Children 8 and under (any dinghy 6′ 0″ or under)
- Egg and Spoon Race (Inflatable dinghy, one oarsman with passenger standing, holding an egg in a spoon)
- Family Race (Father and Mother, both rowing, with two children under 14)
- ‘Blindfolded” Race (blindfolded rower with passenger)
- Parent & Child Race (child to be 12 or under, one oar each, both must row)
- Paddling Race (four handed paddling with hands)
- ‘Paint Float Race’ Tug-of-War’ (Join a Paint Float – all welcome – bring your own oar)
- Pensioners Race (inflatable- not rigid hull, single handed over 65)
- ‘Paint Float Race’(Join a Paint Float – all welcome but bring your own oar)
Prizes distributed from the Committee Boat pontoon after each event except for The Float prizes available at the Information point.